Re: [NTLK] After-market power adapter

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 10:47:39 PDT

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 11:09:10PM +0200, Frank Gruendel wrote:
> > no adapter just plugged in 15 min later
> >
> >AC applied no yes yes
> >charge state discharging discharging discharging
> >charge current unknown 2.415 mA 2.415 mA
>
> Sounds weird. If the adapter is plugged in, the charge state should
> not be "discharging", but "fast charge" at first and "trickle charge
> continuous" when the battery is fully charged. The charge current,
> if it is really two and a half
> milliamps, is way too low. During normal charge it is about
> 1.2 Ampere. If the value (using the American type of decimal
> separator) means 2414 mA or 2.415 A, the current is way too high.
> You might want to download NewtTest from the software section of
> the site in the signature and let us know what it says battery-wise.

The close of the OP's note did say he was looking to test with a
rechargable pack as soon as he got one. I'm presuming that meant he was
testing as a "extend the life of AAs in a sled" configuration...

--
Yes, Java is so bulletproofed that to a C programmer it feels like being in a
straightjacket, but it's a really comfy and warm straightjacket, and the world