Re: [NTLK] newtVNC very crashprone?

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Tue Jun 15 2004 - 17:36:07 PDT

On Tuesday, June 15, 2004, at 04:01 AM, Oliver Brose wrote:

> Michael, could you post your newtVNC preference settings?
>
> Oliver :)

Sure:

Encoding: Raw
Use CopyRect: No
Right Click: ctrl-Button 1 (Mac)
Share Desktop: No
Refresh(sec): 1
Display Size: full
Gray Level: 16 gray
Keyboard: +ctrl,opt,cmd
Handwriting On: Yes
Local UI: Compact
Scroll Increment: full
Create Overview: Yes

I don't even know what some of those mean and I don't remember how I
decided on the settings -- they're probably a combination of defaults
and guesses. Anyway, it seems to work very reliably over wireless with
the OSXvnc server running on Jaguar.

In particular, I'd like to know what Create Overview is supposed to do
-- it sounds useful, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I did tap the
Newton's overview button but nothing happened.

Michael