[NTLK] Newtons and Apple IIgs...

From: Richard Kilpatrick (dmc12_at_btconnect.com)
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 16:07:35 PDT

The crack is clearly kicking in. I just swapped a very rare Acorn
prototype for a ROM 01 IIgs... and then spent another $90 on a 4Mb card
and ROM 03 board shipped from the US ;)

Okay, IIgs is rare in the UK because the dealers refused to market it,
and ROM 03 is rarer still, but...

Anyway. Apples are so very much back in my life - not only the G5, but
the eMac that just replaced the PC I used in my work office, and my
Newts, and Colour Classic Mystic, and the kitchen full of compact 68K
Macs... so I wanted a IIgs. Regretted selling my old one a lot.

Are there any Newton to IIgs applications of any kind whatsoever? Just
for the hell of it? The Colour Classic that keeps my Newtons fed also
does the donkey work of making discs for my IIgs, so everything is in
the same room - I just like the idea of two fantastic products that
were Steve'd being able to talk to each other - that, and in 1993 you
had the very last GS development - GS/OS 6.0.1 (which is quite
remarkable) and the very first Newton product... ;)

Richard

--
Tasty Other - Because Far Too Much in Life Makes Sense
Music for download - coming soon (RIP MP3.com)