[NTLK] ot people in your imagination

From: mimi (mimi.cipollone_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sat Jun 12 2004 - 05:20:43 PDT

<jargon> (Commodore) 1. A hacker who never leaves his cubicle.
The term "Gnoll" (from Dungeons & Dragons) is also reported.

2. A curmudgeon attached to an obsolescent computing
environment. The combination "ITS troglodyte" was flung
around some during the Usenet and e-mail wringle-wrangle
attending the 2.x.x revision of the Jargon File; at least
one of the people it was intended to describe adopted it with
pride.

[Jargon File]

(1995-01-11)

      Source: The Free On-line Dictionary of Computing, © 1993-2004 Denis
Howe

this is a bit of a joke on myself, with my 13 year olds...our class is in
the basement, 2 stories down...sharing with the computer lab.....and we love
newtons... i aspire to curmugeonliness when they get out of line...

and the surprise abt robert was that he looked more like an olympian than a
newtonian....

mimi
mimi