Re: [NTLK] Something more irritating than off-topic posts...

From: Allan Ngaparu (angaparu_at_optusnet.com.au)
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 01:18:30 PDT

Matt,

Yes thats life, people can and do dissappoint us at times and it must be
especially annoying for you when you have obviously gone out of your way to
help others in the Newton Community and have been let down. I hope you dont
lose your spirit of generosity because of it.

As for challenges I have a wife who thinks shes the boss and two kids who
think they know everything. I am flat out trying to keep with reading the
list, let alone attempting to learn programming. but I am reading some books
on that topic at present. There's hope, in my case probably no hope.

The guy selling 1800 Newtons on Ebay is doing a whole lot to spread the
Newton into the community as is every other newton user who daily fields
questions about whats that ? what can it do? can it play games? etc;. I
think anyone who uses a Newton is more likely to be an active type likely to
promote their love of the Newton and share it with others. Perhaps rather
than being passive we just dont communicate many of our Newton experiences
because we immagine them to be not as important as the latest technological
twist.

I think those that write software and contribute with technical innovation
already do a great job and rest of us really appreciate that .

Anyway Matt good on you for having your say and stirring us up a bit I think
you did a good job of that!!!.

PS: Newton trivia. last week I sold a Newton to a guy from Iran who had
lusted after one for years but found them very difficult to obtain in Iran.
he is probably back there now showing it off to people there and spreading
the word. I didnt sell the memory card that had made in Israel on it as I
thought that could get him in strife.

Allan Ngaparu
U2000
Brisbane