Re: [NTLK] Repair clinic in Paris

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 06:28:24 PDT

There is Frank Gruendel in DE.
He did already good repair jobs for other list members.
I do not want to get in competition with him and probably I cannot do as
much as he does,
but I could perform some basic checks for you:
- check your power adaptor
- check the Newt with fresh batteries
- check the Newt internal fuse
- check Newt internal power connections

If the battery is not charged anymore this could well be because the famous
third battry contact is giving no contact anymore, meaning that your Newt
recognises the battery to be an alkaline and therefore does not charge.
But the fact that your Newt does not start powered with the adapter does not
support this theory.
In the worst case scenario your adapter broke and supplied a too high
voltage to your Newt.
This would cause the complete death of your Newt or at least of the power
circuitry.
But then the power adaptor check will prove this.

So fell free to wait for Franks reply or contact me off list.
I am located in NL.

Cheers,
Johannes