Re: [NTLK] Newton and networking

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 03 2004 - 20:53:50 PDT

I doubt that would happen. They aren't THAT
observant...They only worry if someone is running any
server services on the internal network...they still
haven't picked up on my Windows 2003 server that's
been running for the last several months (that free
version lasts a long time)
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Martin Joseph wrote:
> Thu, 3 Jun 2004 10:25:50 -0700
>
> >If your successfully assigned IP address is
> 192.168.0.24 then you could
> >give the Newton could get 192.168.0.200.
> >
> >This is kind of hit or miss, since you are
> potentially duplicating an
> >existing address, but if your lucky, you would
> then be in business...
>
> to avoid this which could cause a slight problem -
> on your PC - goto a dos
> prompt (Start/Run/CMD) and ping the number you're
> going to test - The Admin
> may see this an try to track down where it came from
> - back to you.
>
> Word of caution.

=====
"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the decision."
 - Benjamin Franklin