Re: [NTLK] eMate / MessagePad progress report...

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Thu Jun 03 2004 - 09:07:27 PDT

Sonny Hung wrote:
> NO NO NO! it is not advisable to switch the two cards between their
> respective slots!!!

I didn't think they'd even fit. Isn't the ROM board a little bit wider?

> Now I stuck it (both new boards) into my eMate and oh my it did not power.
> :(
> When I stuck it into the other eMate that too would not boot.
> Now I stuck the workingmemory upgrade cards back in and the unit seems to
> not boot up. ):( (is this correct I was frustrated and worried) Then after
> fiddling around for awhile (with the non-functioning card installed) I
> decided to do a hard reset. I held the reset, then held the power for about
> 10 seconds, released the reset and hoeld the power till the unit restarted.
> It took awhile (and make sure the contrast is somewhere in the middle).

You *have* to do a hard reset. Courtesy of a very nice list member, I got a
NewerTech upgrade along with the original instructions and warranty card :) I
should drop the instruction sheet into my scanner, as it tells you how to
reset it and that you might have to wait about a minute.