Re: [NTLK] Apple purchasing large capacity mini hard drives from Toshiba

From: Brian Pearce (bpearce_at_cloud9.net)
Date: Thu Jun 03 2004 - 07:39:09 PDT

> ...In my opinion, the writer of the article was kind of a dim bulb,
> speculating
> that Apple may be planning to roll out a 60-gig iPod in the near
> future. It
> does not take a rocket scientist to see that Apple is considering
> expanding
> its presence in the personal entertainment market.

Perhaps -- but it also doesn't take one to see that iPod capacity has
been steadily increasing, which (short of substantially new features or
a very different design) is one way to get existing owners to upgrade.

Aprt from the iPod, I'm not sure there's any "there" there.

BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net
http://www.redjacketpress.com