Re: [NTLK] Dell Crossword puzzle packs

From: Steve Weyer (saweyer_at_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 14:40:55 PDT

On Jun 1, 2004, at 5:21 PM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 12:52:04 -0700 (PDT)
> From: L A GREEN <lagoff11_at_yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Dell Crossword puzzle packs
>
> ONLY 2 questions fdrom me. cost?

it's $10-$15 currently for other platforms. if I do this, I thought I'd
ask $10 for the Newton version as an incentive for me to port, and for
ongoing maintenance of the puzzle lists. (I wouldn't provide direct
access to NYT since that requires secure https: capability).

> and does it take puzzles from other papers and sites like xword buddy
> does?

I think Xword Buddy supports only Across Lite (.puz) format; in
addition to that, CrozzWord supports CrossWord Compiler and a half
dozen other formats (listed on my CrozzWord page). so, yes, many
newspaper site puzzles are available in addition to many more.
sampling of sites listed on http://communicrossings.com/ >> CrozzWord

>> Puzzles

Steve
weyer_at_kagi.com