Re: [NTLK] MP2100 Resets trying to connect to Earthlink

From: Anderson, Brett P. (bpa_at_rti.org)
Date: Sat Jul 31 2004 - 09:07:23 PDT

No, I am running the Newt on AC Power. It is very consistent of when it
resets. When I use SimpleMail to send an email it connects to Earthlink but
as soon as it attempts to send the password it resets itself. Is there
another way to test just the connection to earthlink without doing it
through SimpleMail or a web browser?
Are you running the Newton off of AC or batteries? A modem can overwhelm
even a fairly strong set of alkalines... You're not using alkalines, are
you?

--
Jesse Garnier
:: radiofreenewton.com ::