Re: [NTLK] Newton Newbie: Some initial impressions, experiences (and perhaps even recommendations)

From: Martin Howard (mvhoward_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 14:50:28 PDT

On Jul 29, 2004, at 14:35, Nowhere Man wrote:

> If you're in the market for a car and you just want to turn the key
> and drive, you don't go out and buy a classic hot rod. You buy a brand
> new Honda. If, on the other hand, you love cars and you enjoy getting
> under the hood and getting your hands dirty, you would much rather own
> a '66 Mustang. Not in spite of the fact that you have to devote lots
> of TLC to, but _because_ of that very fact. The same applies in this
> case.

I may have sounded overly critical in what I wrote: don't get me wrong,
it blows me AWAY that it is at all possible to do all these things on
this machine. That and having the sexiest form-factor out there... how
can you not love it? ;)

In retrospect, I suppose I was caught somewhat unaware by the fact that
it's a hot rod and not a Honda. OTOH, I'm not quite sure why I didn't
realize this beforehand.

M.