[NTLK] [OT] Spam volume (was AW: new virus delivery)

From: Jesse Garnier (radiofreenewton_at_stonehopper.com)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 11:28:36 PDT

7 per week? 40 per day? For real?

Sadly, and almost unbelievably, I get close to 2,000 spam messages EACH
AND EVERY DAY. I run Spam Assassin on my mail server; it's stopped
16,026 since 7/19/04 (10 days ago). I use Thunderbird as my mail client;
its adaptive filters have caught 3,108 messages since the same date.

I never see the Spam Assassin messages; I don't even check them. It
seems to be pretty good and, if I have lost "real" messages to it, I
haven't heard about them. Thunderbird is good too, and seems to err on
the unaggressive side. I have to manually delete about 100 that make it
into my In Box.

--
Jesse Garnier
:: radiofreenewton.com ::