Re: [NTLK] Mac.com Question

From: Steve Dockery (sdockery_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 04:01:17 PDT

This is that MyDoom email worm. No point in alerting .mac, both the to:
and from: on these emails is spoofed. No way to tell who really sent
it. It just made up all the "mac.com team" crap using the mac.com part
of your email address. We get these at my office with "the
hammercomm.com team" at the bottom. I'm the IT guy, so if there's a
hammercomm.com team, I'm it. And it definitely didn't come from me.

Check the sender email address, you'll see it's not from Apple. You and
the sender are both in some poor shmuck's address book (Windows user
only) who fell for this trick and opened the evil zip file, which
infected their computer.