Re: [NTLK] [OT] Mac.com Question

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 27 2004 - 17:13:57 PDT

I find it incomprehensible that an AOL tech who
obviously have a high enough position to lock out
accounts fell for one of the most common spoofs in
email!
The fake "from" address!
Anyone "in the business" who implements such a drastic
measure without first investigating WHY the issue
happened, needs to have remedial training on how to
perform the most basic aspects of their job!
It's a sad state of affairs that such things like this
are happening!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Mark Ross <markr13_at_comcast.net> wrote:
> My AOL account was just suspended because they
> thought that we had sent
> out a large number of emails in a single day. They
> also suggested that
> our computer was compromised with a virus/Trojan
> Horse. When I informed
> the tech support guy that we used a Mac, he
> apologized and we both
> figured it was a spoofed email address made to look
> like one of our
> machines. Sounds suspiciously similar to what you
> are experiencing,
> though.
> On Jul 27, 2004, at 1:26 AM, Dale Steele wrote:
>
><snip>

=====
"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the decision."
 - Benjamin Franklin