Re: [NTLK] newton vocab

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sun Jul 25 2004 - 16:35:02 PDT

>> 3. What is a super cap?
>
>Short for "super-capacitor" - the MP2000 and 2100 (don't know about the
>e-Mate) have this instead of a backup battery. It holds the charge for
>a short time so that if the batteries are removed you still do not lose
>your data.

I think we should be more specific here. The only data you can ever loose
from loss of power (even if the super-cap drains) is the clock and pen
calibration. You data is safe since the MP2000, 2100 and Emate use Flash
RAM and not SRAM like in the MP110, 120, 130 which requires some power to
maintin data. But even with the MP1x0 models there is a backup battery to
maintain your data for months even if the main batteries are removed. The
supercap in the MP2000, MP2100 holds a charge for about 1 hour if the
batteries are removed.

-Dan