Re: [NTLK] Help with LPR Drivers and Epson C8O Printer

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Thu Jul 22 2004 - 05:59:00 PDT

Aux environs du 22/07/04 à 13:44 +0100, sous le titre "Re: [NTLK]
Help with LPR Drivers and Epson C8O Printer", Adam Short prit sa plus
belle plume pour écrire les mots suivants:
>Absolutely nothing, presumably there's no match. Should there be
>something running there? If so, what?

A LISTEN line to mention that your Linux box has an lpd service
running on lpd port (515).

You need to use cups lpd's emulation driver. You normally enable it
through inetd or xinetd depending on what you use on your box. Cf
cups-lpd's man page.

On MacOS X, turning printer sharing does this automatically. I'm
nearly sure that as soon as you add cups-lpd to (x)inetd's
configuration and you restart it, it will work. Cups is buggy, so you
need to spool jobs.

>Sorry, no. The reason I know it's possible to print from the network is
>that my girlfriend managed it from her powerbook, but she and the
>powerbook are currently in Holland, so I can't run that test again atm.

She prints over ipp.

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/