[NTLK] 2100 semi-newbie questions on WiFi etc.

From: Nick NFX (paddlepop_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 21 2004 - 10:29:48 PDT

Hey everyone!!

I have had a MessagePad before but didn't use it much, now I have
gotten a 2000u back and I am experimenting a bit more.

Firstly I want to get my Lucent WaveLAN silver card working with
Internet Access and Apple Talk so I can instal packages. I have the
Packages working kind of, using Escale but the damn thing keeps
dropping out at the end of transfering packages and sometimes in the
middle. For example I would browse through my HD for the package I
want on the newton and then near the end the transfer would complete
but the connection drop. The newton would report this but the iBook
would not making me have to restart Escale, kind of annoying when I
want to sit there installing packages on my lounge ;)

Also I cant get the internet to work at all, has someone a step by
step rundown they can give me. I have installed all the drivers and
they are working correctly (I can install packages over AppleTalk with
the WiFI card) but when I open nethopper it just sits there and does
nothing after I click connect.

I have my iBook running OS X 10.3 and with software base station
turned on. Channel 3 with it sharing the ethernet network connection.

Thanks alot in advance!
Nick