Re: [NTLK] Steve Jobs Newton Interview?

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sun Jul 18 2004 - 23:23:51 PDT

On Jul 18, 2004, at 11:10 PM, Ed Kummel wrote:

> <snip>
> Seriously, I think that the Newton could have become
> THE PDA of choice, but $J is only for the here and
> now. Future gratification doesn't exist for him.

That's kind of a wacky comment considering he (SJ) was responsible for
helping to develop one of the most forward looking products ever seen
in personal computing.

When macintosh came out in 1984 I guess Apple had nothing to offer you
then either. You had to wait another 10 years to buy a watered down
version of the same concept from MS.

Marty

PS Killing the Newton does seem to have been stupid from my point of
view. Don't forget the Newton was also a culture icon it's day!