[NTLK] Escale problem loading Dock TCP/IP 1.2

From: John Skinner (john_at_johnskinner.net)
Date: Fri Jul 16 2004 - 16:10:30 PDT

I recently tried using Escale 1.01, and then the nightly build on 6/19/2004
version to try and load the "Dock TCP/IP 1.2" package onto my Newton.

It looked like it loaded almost all the way but stopped right at the end of
the progress bar on the Newton, and never finished (after waiting 10
minutes). The progress bar on Escale got all the way to the end but stayed
there and didn't go away. I got the same result whether via Appletalk over
Ethernet or via serial with a Keyspan USB serial adaptor.

I then tried the nightly build version 7/15/2004 of Escale and re-downloaded
the "Dock TCP/IP 1.2" package. Still it stops right at the end of the
progress bar on the Newton.

I was able to load two other packages using both Appletalk and serial
(nHTTPd 2.106 was one of them), and I did use Packager 2.0 to correct the
"Dock TCP/IP 1.2" package's file type.

Are these known problems with Escale and the "Dock TCP/IP 1.2" package?