[NTLK] Can somebody help me? {Internet access problems}

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 15 2004 - 09:06:12 PDT

Hello Everybody,

I have not tried to get on the Internet with my Newton MP 2100 for a while.
When I tried the other day, I found that my Newtscape program had expired. No
problem, I thought. I downloaded and installed Courier and SimpleMail. Now,
I can't access the Internet at all! This is very confusing.

I think I may have erroneously deleted some Internet Setup information, but I
am not sure. Every time I go into the Setup folder and look at "Internet
Settings, the box for my Earthlink account is not checked. I check the box again
and close the folder, but when I go back, the Earthlink box is no longer
checked.

If I attempt to get online via Courier, I select Earthlink as my means of
access, but I then get a message box that reads, "Initializing. Please wait..."
It never goes any further than that, and the dialogue box won't even close!

I also tried to send e-mail (which I have never done before on my Newton)
from a Works document. However, I get a message stating that my e-mail is not
enabled or some such thing.

Can somebody please explain this to me in plain English? Thank you.

Matt K.