Re: [NTLK] Free NewtGrocery

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jul 11 2004 - 21:40:55 PDT

I"m the same way. If it wasn't for my Newt, I wouldn't
know half the things I currently do now!
Lists are tedious for me, and writing them down on
pieces of paper invariable end up in the wash!
hence...become unreadable. It's annoying to grab your
cloths out of the wash or the dryer and be confronted
by this "mystery" paper. It's either wadded up into
this supper-hard compressed paper-pill, where if
you're really carefull, you can un-roll it into it's
former page, or it's scattered into thousands of
little bits with colorful ink-blots decorating what
used to be the list to the hardware store!
This is where the Newt shines...first, there is no way
it can "accidently" find its self in the wash...and
because it never looses it's data, it has every list I
ever wrote! I look at them some times and wonder why I
ever purchased some particular product...
My favorite is the outline feature! I can make
multiple lists for out outing, and when one store is
complete, collapse that sub-section...
My problem is I'm very unorganized...and if I didn't
have my Newt around, I probably WOULD forget my
a$$...even though it IS bolted on!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- "Peter H. Coffin" <hellsop_at_ninehells.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 11:42:47AM -0400, Laurent
> Daudelin wrote:
> > Out of the blue, how many users are taking their
> Newton to the grocery
> > store?
>
> Though I don't use your software, maintaining lists
> of things with me
> at all times is one of my primary uses for my Newt.
> Grocery lists are
> part of that. Write it down, and haul out the list
> the next time I'm at
> an appropriate store. I've got lists for grocery
> store, record store,
<snip>

=====
"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the decision."
 - Benjamin Franklin