Re: [NTLK] pop up

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sat Jul 10 2004 - 08:54:30 PDT

>Hi i have a newton 2100. I am wondering if there is a way to tell
>the newton to beep and put up a pop up window telling me i need to do
>something. Like remind me of a birthday or that i need to be some
>where. I know you can set up the date book to do it but i hardly
>ever check the date book.

When you fill out a dates slip (tap on dates, then new, then appointments,
to do, event, etc) look for the word ALARM with a diamond next to it. Tap
on alarm, and fill out the time you want it to go off (at apointment, before
appointment, or if an event 9am during the day or x number of days before
event). You don't need anything extra to do what you want. However there
are a lot of alarm enhancements available, but to do this simple job of
having a beep with a pop up, the built in Dates is fine.

-Dan