Re: [NTLK] Orinoco Gold WiFi PC-card

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Tue Jul 06 2004 - 11:16:09 PDT

> On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 23:01:04 -0700, Mike Matthews <mike920_at_pacbell.net>
> wrote:
>> And where can this firmware flash be found? And will the flash run on
>> Mac running OS X?

My memory was that you only needed to insert the card into a OSX based
mac (probably a laptop) and then reboot it.

Searching around a bit yields this(look down the page for "Gold and
Silver":

http://forums.netstumbler.com/showthread.php?t=1797

Note that when the say an airport slot, they mean the old original type
not the extreme type. My memory is that the described trick also works
for PB's with PCMCIA sockets.

Marty