Re: [NTLK] Fun with "Reset With Extensions Off" [was Re: Crash! Reboot! Crash! Reboot! Crash! Reboot! - Slightly irritating, folks...]

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Fri Jan 30 2004 - 06:59:16 PST

DJ Vollkasko wrote:
> Meanwhile, back in Central Europe... I've kept trying the FAQ-Reset w/o
> ext. and hitting different spots. Still no go. Suddenly, a change with card
> unlocked - hitting old spot, no dialogue box, machine boots, AND TELLS ME
> NO INTERNAL STORE ACTIVATED due to some problem with it. Wow. Pretty
> impressive.
> Since then, it doesn't activate the extensions in the internal store
> anymore, no matter how often I try and whether or not the card is locked -
> that just adds the Crash! Reboot!-bit to the whole stew for more flava, but
> actually it looks like TWO issues now.

DJ, it's sounding more and more like you have a serious hardware issue -
likely with your card. Unless you don't have a recent backup and *really*
need that data, I'd suggest you take the card out and do a brainwipe, and
then insert the card afterwards. If the card still causes things to go
haywire then likely your card is the culprit.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html