Re: [NTLK] OT-New PowerMac G5 available?

From: Sasa (sasa.radojcic_at_xs4all.nl)
Date: Thu Jan 29 2004 - 12:25:59 PST

Op 29 jan 2004 om 14:01 heeft Anil het volgende geschreven:

> John I think you are being too hard on a child, lets not forget that
> fact, he is a child, a stupid child yes, an ingrate well maybe, I also
> send somethings in my previous post which I now wish I hadn't. He has
> hidden the fact he has done this from his parents to spare them any
> hurt.

But he is well aware that this IS a very expensive machine. If he
really would have wanted to spare his parents he would have told them
"thanks folks, but sell it and buy me an XP-computer". Now he hurted
them much more by not telling and actually giving away the spare parts.

And his parents aren't rich either because of the fact that he is
telling everybody that this actually IS an expensive machine.

> And isn't a child partly a product of his parents and their
> upbringing, so what does that say about parents, parents who don't know
> what their child actually wants.

Don't blame he parents. They DO know that their son wanted a computer
so they bought him one. The fact that they bought the wrong brand is
not their fault. Most people from the older generation are not familiar
with todays brands.

I bet that their son doesn't know what the favorite
singer/artist/whatever of his parents is, simply because he is not
familiar with past brands.

> Perhaps if they asked him what he wanted they could have saved
> themselves some money (well I keep hearing Wintel machines are
> cheaper), and got their kid exactly what he wanted for Xmas.

They could have asked, of course. But then it would not have been a
surprise. What is the point in giving a present but asking first what
the present should be?

> I for one think it is cool a kid wants his PC to look like a Mac, his
> choice of XP is exactly that, a choice. I know Mac users who have
> expensive machines, and they barely know how to use them. It is the
> person using the tools that makes the difference, his tool just happens
> to be Windows, I say good luck.

This kid remains a moron, not because he ripped a G5 and turned it into
an XP machine, but because of the deliberate waste of money.

(And let's not start discussing his technical knowledge. Just have a
look at the choice of hardware)

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html