Re: [NTLK] Didn't Philips used to have a good relationship with Apple?

From: Newtopia (MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jan 29 2004 - 10:02:48 PST

OMGILOLLOLLOL - poor Anil

-----Original Message-----
From: newtontalk-bounce_at_newtontalk.net
[mailto:newtontalk-bounce_at_newtontalk.net] On Behalf Of L A GREEN
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 9:57 AM
To: newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Didn't Philips used to have a good relationship with
Apple?

LMAO yet another long thread starts for the mac folk.
anil buckle up this could get bumpy.

LAG

Anil <anil_at_thisiswhatwedo.com> wrote:
Thanks for that Bruce,

Very interesting can't wait to see how this flexible technology will impact
on our lives when they start making products.

Regarding Steve Jobs, I don't think Steve Jobs hates PDA's, and in my
opinion he didn't axe Newton to get back at Sculley. I think he did it
because Apple was in dire straits financially, and he wanted to focus all
the companies efforts and resources into the product that would eventually
save Apple from going under, namely the iMac.

If he hadn't done that Apple would have gone under or been snapped up by
some of the bigger fish (Sharks).

Just my opinion.

Kindest regards

Anil K Solanki