Re: [NTLK] Beaming 101

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Thu Jan 29 2004 - 09:30:13 PST

The question remains, can programs be saved directly onto my home desktop
pc?
Is that automatically taken care of when I conduct a backup? Inquiring
minds
would like to know.
Yes they are automatically backed up with NCU or NBU. And yes there are
methods of offloading just one package back to the PC (X-port is one, and I
know someone else has mentioned another one that is on UNNA). But if it is
"copy protected" you need to use a package on your newton that flips that
one bit off so it can be sent to the PC as one package. The copy protection
bit does not affect backing up with NCU or NBU though.

-Dan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html