[NTLK] Chess, beaming games, nMAME [was Chess program question]

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 10:43:56 PST

>That would ROCK. Heck, I would be happy for a freeware chess game, but
>that would be really nice.

David, you want to look at UNNA. Deep Green always got good reviews. Plus
there's a host of others (4 or 5 in total, but I haven't tried anything but
DG).

>Here's a fun question. Is there a chess program that allows two people
>with MPs to play back and forth by beaming their plays to each other? My
>son and I want to sit in our living room and play chess, each on our own
>MP. Is this possible? Are there ANY games that allow that?

Chris, Mr Tow's Battleship does this.

>How about being able to play with someone over the net. You make a
>move, your opponent receives your move when they check their mail etc.
>And sends their move back, and so forth. Games would be slow, but
>interesting, especially if you could have multiple games on the go at
>once

Anil, Deep Green doesn't support multiple games on one machine, IIRC - it's
the one you play, or none. Don't know about the other chess-engines,
though...

ALL - Any other beaming games?
Would be a nice nMAME feature, too, having two-player console games played
on two MPs. How about it?
Any multi-game chess software out there?

Cheers,

DJV.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html