[NTLK] Programming the PCMCIA socket, TCP/IP stacks on a MP120

From: joel pigdon (joel_pigdon_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 26 2004 - 20:35:00 PST

Hi fellow newtoners,
I dont know if this is be best list to ask development
questions on but here goes...
although only graced with a MP120 I am desparate to
get it doing something usefull in terms of networking.
Upon coming across many a brick wall for these older
devices I began to wonder about the possibilities of
coding my own comm tool.

I have NTK, and NCT downloaded and working.
I have downloaded the PCMCIA DDK's
Question 1.
Are the DDk's designed to work on a MP120 device
Question 2.
Is there any other sample code which uses the PCMCIA
port. The CardModem one shows me how to write the
driver but not how to interface it to any software,
which I spose is fair enough considering it is a
PCMCIA DDK
Question 3.
I was looking at the NIE1.1 devkit and I saw that it
ends up in a "comm tool" is there any code on how I
could write one to talk to the ethernet card. Of
course this only works If I can hack off the PPP part
of the internet tool
Question 4.
Failing all this, there is open source code for a uIP
stack that I have downloaded, If I recompile this and
add the code for the driver, adapted for newton, how
does the newton work with multitasking in C++,
I seem to have all the required parts to the project,
Linux driver code in C for my card (3c589), uIP code
for micro TCPIP stack, Newton Dev tools, I just need a
push start in the right direction
So If any of you coders out there can give me some
ideas, starting points, inspiration please do so.
Thanks