Re: [NTLK] o/t-network administration software

From: David Schultz (evil_genius_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Jan 26 2004 - 19:45:12 PST

at one point, mimi.cipollone_at_sympatico.ca at mimi.cipollone_at_sympatico.ca
typed out:

I think this is amazing... I was about to throw away a letter sent to me
from filewave, but I thought "this looks like a solution someone might like
to know about" so I kept it. Filewave have been mac developers for quite
some time, with a series of products to fit the bill of what you sort of
describe. They are offering their Filewave product free to any school or
educational institution, for the price of a 2 year support agreement. (Which
costs some money, its true, but who knows, it may help you out)

Filewave would be nice for people who need an out of the box solution. It
wont help your Windows clients, its Mac 8-9-x only. But I am a Mac
administrator at heart, I say let the windows clients fend for themselves.
(Still bitter about the great falling out of '97, sorry)

Read up on it here: http://www.filewave.com/products/filewave_features.html

I myself have done extensive research on this subject, and I have worked on
lots of image building at multi platform jobs for mac and windows. Email me
off list if you need more specific questions answered.

Hth

DVS

--
www.twomacguys.com