Re: [NTLK] Escale comments and suggestions

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Sun Jan 25 2004 - 01:09:38 PST

On 24-jan-04, at 23:34, Paul Guyot wrote:
>> Subject: [NTLK] eScale comments and suggestions
> This is Escale, not eScale. And it's actually to be pronounced eskael
> where e is the e of set and ae is the a of sat. It's definitely not to
> be
> pronounced e-scale with e as in eMac and scale like a scale.

But I must say that the eScale version did make me smile.
wIll tHe aPple iNfluence rEach eVentually tO tHe pOint tHat wE'll wRite
aLl sEcond lEtters iN uPpercase?

BTW, from the dictionary: Escale: f. Naut. Call (action); port of call
(lieu); faire escale à, to call at, to put in at.
Aviat. Stop, intermediate landing; sans escale, non-stop (vol).

Where a 'lieu' is a place and a 'vol' is a flight.

Which meaning is exactly the one that Paul chose I leave up to him of
course.

> I'm sorry I cannot work on Escale right now, Apple still holds my
> PowerBook because of the extreme competence in the AppleCare service
> point in Paris (never believe AppleCare when they say it will be
> faster if
> you bring your Mac there).

We're sorry too, and thanks for the warning about AppleCare...

groeten,

Robert

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html