Re: [NTLK] Shop is open.

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sat Jan 24 2004 - 22:52:19 PST

on 1/22/04 8:43 PM, Chris Edwards at crashrepair_at_btconnect.com wrote:

> Given that it has been pointed out that usb is processor hungry and a
> hassle to incorporate it seems to me a good move to stick with
> bluetooth, it could also be argued that usb is somewhat un newtonlike
> and that bluetooth is complementary to our green friends

I think I would have to say (reluctantly, however) that I agree with the
above... In fact, my next phone will have BlueTooth (If ever I get it) :-)
and my next computer, so BlueTooth would be more important to me in the
end...

However, I was hoping that a USB solution would be able to provide
bootstrapping to get a Newton to connect with a computer that lacked serial
ports, and also to be compat. With X and XP...

Has anybody been writing software like Nsync or Escale for Windows XP? I
don't use Win, so don't know... Is something like that needed for Windows?
Any thoughts on this?

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland