[NTLK] Chatroom Alternative - an offer...

From: Goodwin, Greg (GoodwinG_at_aafes.com)
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 05:31:44 PST

> > Maybe we can get more people to show up.
>[snip]

>I'll be in for a chat as soon as I've got a java
>interpreter on my windows machine (dam Microsoft! It's
>the users that suffer from their control freak ways).
>
>John.
>
>PCBMan came with a Mac using IE 5.2 yesterday, this was
>not very reliable. Worked much better when he came back with
>Safari.

    Gentlemen, again not to steal anyone's thunder, just to support the chat room cause, the room that I have up 24 hours a day requires no registration, I have logged on to this site with my Newton 2000 more times than I can count with it's own internet script, and it has two modes of chatting, auto-reload and manual reload. The chat room can be found at....

http://www.jrthompson.org/atari/

      Granted while not perfect, this chat room was designed to accept even the simplest of browsers. My thoughts on a platform based chat is if you can't at least get that platform in the chat room, you are leaving out people who would like the experience chatting with that device.
      It appears to me that with this current chat room both Macs and PC's without the latest software are having trouble getting on there. I would shudder to think about a Newton.

      Common! Set a time, give my chat room a try. Come in to the chat room with your Newton in in the manual mode which can be found at...

http://www.jrthompson.org/atari/chatform.html

      Could be a lot of fun!

      If nothing else, join our two chat times we have existing. One at 8 pm CST on Thursday, and one more the European time slot, Sunday morning 10 am CST (which is around 5-6-ish in Europe depending on where you are.) The chats are generally about Atari stuff, but all platforms have always been welcome. We have had about every computer you can think of log in to that chat room. And if you do think of something we haven't, please log in with it!
      As you can see, only two time slots are taken, and plenty others are still available.

     Simple chatroom. Been up since June 2000 on a Linux box, most of the time, running through benine neglect. :) And whoever is running the current chat... this is no slam to you.. please head up the chat, and use my site! (Actually run by a friend of mine, but stilll...) The site once again runs 24 hours a day, and has a blog of currently 9.2 meg of TEXT and still growing.

      I just say this because prior to getting this chat room we tried using a chat room much like your current one. So I know what you Newton users are going through. Please, stop in, try it out, and best of all, try it on the Newton. I've tested it with Newt's Cape, Luna Ranger, (both worked) can't remember if I've tried Nethopper, and haven't tried with Courier yet. Would like to know how those go. Again, if you log in, I suggest the manual link above.

      Let me know when the next chat is either way and I'll try to join!

      Sincerely,

      Doctor Clu

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html