Re: [NTLK] Interesting observation on Newton books

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 16:22:31 PST

well...this is good information....now if I could only
newtonscript I'ld put this in Dashboard and take a
look at my library!
Can the library be edited using something like
TrashPak?
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Steve Weyer <saweyer_at_comcast.net> wrote:
<snip>

> hi Ed,
>
> as I recall, Newton does save last page read,
> bookmarks, annotations,
> etc. for a set of installed books. you can see which
> ones via:
> GetRoot().Copperfield:getOfflineBooks()
>
> with NOS 2.1, I think Apple introduced a bug where
> the set grows
> indefinitely.
> (Newt's Cape automatically trims the list to last 20
> books viewed.)
>
> Steve
> weyer_at_kagi.com
> http://communicrossings.com/

=====
"The only way to get real privacy, is not to collect the information in the first place."
   'Aviel D. Rubin, the
   technical director of the Information Security Institute at Johns
   Hopkins University on the requirement that GPS location systems be added
   to "Fast-pass/EZ-pass" in-car toll devices.