Re: [NTLK] Newton WiFi w/ Lucent

From: Anil (anil_at_thisiswhatwedo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 16:24:35 PST

Hi Bret, I too have A WaveLan Silver Turbo card and I can't get it to
connect to my Nokia base station. I am not sure if it is because of
WEP, which apparently the Silver card does not support. But the Gold
version does. There is more info here
http://www.paris-sansfil.fr/index.php/UpgradeSilverToGoldMacEn

on how you can get the Silver card to think it is a Gold card and use
WEP. Or you could just turn WEP off if you are using it, and see if
that lets you connect.

Do you get any flashing lights on the card when an app trys to access
it? Or can't you get that far?

I haven't pursued it further because I am busy and don't have the time,
anyway Ethernet works fine so I can connect, just not wirelessly. I
need to use 128 bit WEP because I would like some sort of protection

I will try again this weekend, and will post back if I am successful,
fingers crossed. D
Regards

Anil.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html