Re: [NTLK] [OT] iChat 1.0 revert problems?

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 18:14:09 PST

On Jan 19, 2004, at 6:04 PM, Rick Rodman wrote:

<snip>
> I have a Laserwriter 1, and have had no success printing to it by
> either Jaguar or Panther. It only has Appletalk
Actually there is a rotary switch on the back of it that also allows
for a straight up serial connection...

> , so I have it
> connected to an older Mac running LaserWriter Bridge, which then makes
> it visible on the Ethernet LAN. Mac OS 9 machines can see it and print
> on it through the network, but Panther cannot. I think I can select it
> in Print Center, but nothing ever comes out.
You can enable the printing of a postscript error page, which would
provide more info.
> (Remember that the LW1
> has a non-expandable 256K of RAM.) I'd like to use the printer,
> because I have a bunch of cartridges
Do you mean toner cartridges?
> for it. Do you have some
> suggestions?

I think Gimpprint (included with panther, an add on for Jaguar) would
allow you to configure for Postscript type 1 printing.
http://wsidecar.apple.com/cgi-bin/nph-reg3rdpty1.pl/
product=01951&platform=osx&method=sa/MacOSX.php3

I would check the Gimpprint homepage for supported printers and see if
that incudes the old big square classic known simply as "LaserWriter"

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html