Re: [NTLK] Accelerator board info, and.

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 02:41:01 PST

The Pixsolution accel. board can be reg. speed by using the power switch.
-Plug in keyboard, switch down the speed, place position of caret in app.,
type away.
-So you can use serial and IrDA at 162-mhz.
-But most cards work at either speed.
-The sounds are speeded up. So Homer sounds like Lisa.

*BUT* The HWR works so much faster you might leave the keyboard. I've sold
all but one of my keyboards.

------------------
>Can I just ask a really newbie question - is the Pixsolutions
>acceleration board compatible with the keyboard. I had heard that the
>accelerated Newts could not use the keyboard and that other features
>were also affected i.e. the sound was speeded up etc. I have just
>bought my first Newt (arrives in a couple of days once it has clear
>customs) and had originally planned to get an accelerated one till I
>read that there were compatibility issues. Any information would be
>very useful.

!ooW %-) www.lanug.org
Pres. of LA Newton Users Group!...over $teve's Live Body.
A NewtonAddict on MacAddictYr2003!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html