Re: [NTLK] Canadian copyright tax

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 21:28:01 PST

------------------
>Somebody posts' about the Canadian Tax
>and Victor suggests he post somewhere else. Where as the talk of Poutine
is left to flourish. I just find it confusing, why they were treated
differently.

Every list has it's quirks.
------------------
>As for Victor, I can see that I have treaded on some toes. My apologies,
but all I was suggesting, is that perhaps somebody else would be better
suited to the role of administrator/moderator someone who has the time to
do all the work involved.

>Sorry, sorry.

First 'pay' him, then 'fire' him. Victor 'loves' the Newt., the effort is
way over what he's paid, zero, nada, zilch, and every cd, now dvd I buy
from him, I add to help with paying for the list.
------------------
>I can see that this list is not what I had expected, and that is entirely
my own fault. I had expected somewhere where, personal insults and a lot of
off topic posts are not tolerated. I am just trying to get the most out of
my Newton, which is why I joined the list. Maybe if I had been on the list
a while, then I would have understood the history of the list, but I
haven't and I have no idea what Victor has or hasn't done for the Newton
community. How can you expect me too?

-warning-
*'Believe it or not'*, when I first joined NTLK it was under Sean's
control. For months I read every digest until I could contribute, but I
watched to see how the list 'lived'. This 'e-bermuda triangle' had a life
of it's own. Certain repeat posters had a way of answering a question
unique to their own, there's no way to moderate our own uniqueness(word?).
The 'triangle' smooths out, you'll see. I'm still here.
------------------
>The Newton community seems to be very close knit, this can be a bit
daunting for someone who has recently joined, and doesn't know the history
or the users. I am just trying to share my viewpoint as a
>newbie, my intention being hopefully to improve things for everyone.

Exactly, I'm on a few other lists, this is the most active, reactive,
helpful, thoughtful, fun, and proverse community on 'the information
highway!'.

Now don't be quiet or shy, Raise YOur NEWton IN YOUR DOMINANT HAND AND YELL
OUT TO THE WORLD "I'M GREEN DAMN IT, I'M GREEEEEEEEEN, AND I'M PROUD OF
IT"...

<SNAP!>

..whoops, I just broke my screen door
>Kind regards
>
>Anil.

"Welcome to, the machine"

!ooW %-) www.lanug.org
Pres. of LA Newton Users Group!...over $teve's Live Body.
A NewtonAddict on MacAddictYr2003!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html