Re: [NTLK] Names utilities

From: Tony Kan (tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz)
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 18:29:44 PST

There are a number of utilities for removing duplicates in MS Outlook. If
the entries are stored there, duplicates removed, Newton soup cleaned out
and the clean Outlook restored it should be OK.

Cheers

Tony
Christchurch
New Zealand
[snip]
I had/have the exact same problem as Robert, and can say that backing up and
restoring will restore whatever corruption he has... Actually, he probably
cannot back up via NCU, only to a card, and that backup will restore the
corruption... I ended up doing what Robert did, wipe and start over. It was
horrible, and I also suffered countless duplicates due to trying to change
stores. It would die on my corrupt name, but copy most of the data. I had
several copies of the same contact... A mess... Robert, you have my
sympathies... ;-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland