Re: [NTLK] Canadian copyright tax

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 16:18:40 PST

on 18/01/04 6:48 PM, Newtopia at MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net wrote:
> I think Anil is suggesting that the forum settings be configured thru a web
> interface,
    Forum settings? It's a mailing list, it's all one forum. The settings
are on and off. It's pretty easy to filter or just not read any subjects you
don't like. And if volume of mail is a problem, there is a digest mode.

> I have had a few sites dev'd like this and I can tell you from experience
> that an interface that allows the user to get their log-in info if forgotten
> and configure the options is a time saver.
    Can you read them and easily navigate them on your Newton?

    Not wanting to sound like a Luddite, but NewtonTalk is a mailing list.
And it seems to work well as such for most people. If you check the Newton
sites with forums I think you'll find traffic is quite low. Traffic on
NewtonTalk is usually about 3,500 posts a month and Newton-based mailers
account for at least 3% of posts.

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html