Re: [NTLK] [OT] iChat 1.0 revert problems?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 11:23:04 PST

on 18/01/04 12:52, KC Vavra at person63_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> My reason why I'm holding out from buying Panther (other than $130) is
> because I've heard I won't be able to use my LaserWriter Pro anymore
> because they took out Postscript devices. It's about halfway through
> its expected life cycle and I'm not ready to throw it out. Any
> knowledge on this claim???
>
> KC
>
>> On 16-jan-04, at 7:41, Norman Palardy wrote:
>>> If you're not already running Panther on a machine capable of running
>>> it I would grab it.
>>> It's tons faster and I've had no issues (including Firewire with
>>> Oxford
>>> chips that seemed to bite nearly everyone)
>>
>> I second that, rock steady great system. Only problems I've seen around
>> are caused by hardware...
>>

>> Robert Benschop
>>
>> --
>> This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all
>> inquiries
>> List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html
>> Official Newton FAQ: http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/

I don't have any problem printing to my 16/600 PS, which I think, is very
similar to the 630 Pro (is this what you're talking about?).

The requirements for OS X are still a Postscript 2 printer with Ethernet.
You can still use, I think, a LocalTalk-based laserwriter with a LocalTalk
to Ethernet bridge, like the AsanteTalk.

-Laurent.

code police n.: [by analogy with George Orwell's `thought police'] A
mythical team of Gestapo-like storm troopers that might burst into one's
office and arrest one for violating programming style rules. May be used
either seriously, to underline a claim that a particular style violation is
dangerous, or ironically, to suggest that the practice under discussion is
condemned mainly by anal-retentive weenies. "Dike out that goto or the code
police will get you!" The ironic usage is perhaps more common.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html