Re: [NTLK] Names utilities

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sat Jan 17 2004 - 06:35:23 PST

>Anyway, I pop a fresh battery pack and backdrop Plus doesn't want to
>launch, not enough internal space.
>Try to move my Names to my card but at about 10% it stops, corrupt Name
>I guess.
>Made a backup without a hitch (phew!) and export my Names to Claris
*snip*
>Question: I have the feeling there was another Names cleaning utility
>but didn't find anything on Unna in 'names_enhancements'. Anybody?
*snip*

That is another reason to do backups, you find "problems" sooner and often
have a better idea of what is causing the problem (bad data, package etc).
As for a clean up utility, have you tried running SBM utilites doctor? It
might find the problem. Also if you do need to look at them one by one, I
would suggest looking at the earlier entries. The reason being if it only
did 10% and since Newton stores each name sequentally in the soup, it should
be fairly early in the soup. I would say start at the 90th entry and look
over them via a soup editor.

-Dan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html