Re: [NTLK] How to secure data? (was Re: Newton Geek Factor)

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 12:28:25 PST

>Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 07:35:18 +0100
>From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>

> > Ah come on, it's Ed's Newton! It most probably has some sort of DNA-based
>> owner identification system that will pull an alarm at 180db while sending a
>> cry of help to all of Ed's eMail accounts via GPRS and byte off the thieves
>> hand up to the elbow at the same time.

>Ah, right! Don't forget the GPS tracking to help the police locate the
>stolen Newton and nab the criminal... ;-)

The criminal is easily identified because of the missing arm that obviously was there until a few moments ago, and if you follow the drips you will find the Newt. Maybe it is not a good idea to disturb it while digesting though. Nevertheless GPS tracking might be nice if the Newton is stolen while inside a bag.

Oliver ;)

--
"The possibilities are endless. I love that."  - Jonathan Ive
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html