Re: [NTLK] List etiquette.

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 10:33:30 PST

Anil wrote:

> Why are people allowed to post personal and offensive messages? Why
> doesn't Victor the list head honcho do something about this.

Beyond making the list moderated,

> I have written to Victor about this but I haven't received a reply, he
> must be busy or away. I think it is dangerous to let this sort of

I was busy yesterday Anil, I wrote about half of my reply to you but then
work commitments took over.

> behaviour continue, it does nothing but create divisions and animosity.
> I didn't join Newtontalk to hear people shouting at each other, and I
> am sure there are others who come here for help and guidance just like
> me, for a bit of community spirit.

I haven't seen any really bad divisions occurring since the huge debates and
general unrest in September/October 2001. If you are interested in what
happened, please don't ask but just go look in the list archives.

I think this list still carries a lot of community spirit. We have a lot of
knowledgeable people here, and we've been through worse things before.
Actually right now it's pretty darn quiet.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html