Re: [NTLK] Note size

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 22:11:47 PST

on 15/01/04 22:15, doppler at roman_at_pixell.net wrote:

> 04-01-16 04.04, skrev Oliver Isaac på oliver_at_aslannet.org följande:
>
>> Does anybody know of a way to make the maximum note size larger than
>> what it is?
>
> see unna
>
> http://toronto.unna.org/unna/utilites/notes_enhancements/BigNotes/
>
> "Big Notes simply increases the maximum size of a note in the NotePad.
> The old limit is 8k, Big Notes makes it 32 k."

However, be aware that if your note gets big, you might have problems when
you try to backup your Newton. I had problems with one note and had to cut
it down so that my backup would work. I then decided to get rid of BigNotes
as there is obviously a reason why the limit is 8KB...

-Laurent.

choke v.: 1. [common] To reject input, often ungracefully. "NULs make System
V's lpr(1) choke." "I tried building an EMACS binary to use X, but cpp(1)
choked on all those #defines." See barf, gag, vi. 2. [MIT] More generally,
to fail at any endeavor, but with some flair or bravado; the popular
definition is "to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory."
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html