Re: [NTLK] Lunasuite, any users out there?

From: Camillus Guhl (cam_at_guhl.net)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 00:22:10 PST

Be sure to get the latest lunasuite release @

-> http://newton.guhl.net/?page=other&cat=lunasuite

I have been playing around with all webbrowsers in the past (well,
actually I rarely use my newton for webbrowsing), nowadays go for
http://40hz.org/Courier as webbrowser for fast and text based
information retrival.

For accessing only selected pda optimized news sites nethopper (and
patches), newt's cape or lunaranger do quite well and downloading can
be scheduled as well.

Back to Lunasuite: What I really like is Lunasuite's E-Mail Client,
it's very fast and quite stable. Before SimpleMail was my favorite, but
in the past I proved to be unstable and strange behavior on my newt, so
I stopped using it. Forget about FTP and WWW with lunasuite, just too
buggy. So if you don't mind giving away storage space on your newt just
for using lunasuite as e-mail client, give it a try.

BTW, the most complete and powerful internet setup on a 2100 imho is
(caution, eats up space on your memory card):

- Courier for WWW
- Raissa for RSS/XML
- Lunasuite for E-Mail
- Inkspot for NNTP
- PT100 for Telnet (and SSH by proxying via my local unix box ;-)
- MAD Newton for Streaming MP3
- NewtFTP for FTP
- Chatbuddy for IRC
- NCQ for ICQ
- NewtChat for AIM
- NewtIM/Newtjabber for Jabber based IM
- NPDS as Webserver
- nBlog for updating your weblog

- And if you need it there is also Hemlock (but needs Newt's Cape),
Nettime, Nettest, Thumb-Client, Newt's Weather) ;-)

All these internet apps are listed on my website http://newton.guhl.net/

Regards
Cam

http://www.providerliste.ch/