[NTLK] Getting Internet Info onto My Newton...

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 05:53:46 PST

Can I Access the Internet Via the Serial Connector to My Desktop?

I was wondering if I could get web news onto my Newton via the serial cable.
I have never been able to access the Internet through the Newton's modem card
(I have AOL and Yahoo for my desktop Internet accounts), so I am wondering
how useful the serial cable would be? I have successfully used the Newton
Connection Utility to load new programs onto the Newton, but that is about it.

So, here is the question: If I were to use some sort of browser program and
the Newton PC serial cable, would I be able to "surf" via my desktop? I just
want to get news and information, similar to what I can currently do with
AvantGo on my Toshiba
Pocket PC. Thanks for your consideration.

Matt K.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html