[NTLK] Internet Setup, Protocol <Unknown> Yikes, help!

From: JBrock_at_eqt.com
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 13:59:14 PST

Hello...need help from the group as I searched the faq's and a couple other
Newton related sites, but couldn't quite find my situation reproduced.

I've been loading, deleting software from my 2000MP for a couple months.
I've wanted to start again using things like NewtChat, SimpleMail, Newts
Cape and connect to my Airport at home.

However I've noticed when I now try to connect to my ISP (Earthlink) as I'd
done in the past without any problems, I'm getting an error to the effect
"no protocol driver for this link is available. can't establish a link.
error -60508"

When I look in the Internet setup, my earthlink setup now shows "unknown
connection type" and when I open it, it has Protocol: <Unknown>, even if I
change it to PPP, it still shows unknown. On a related note, for the login
script it says a script editor was not found. What's up???

I reinstalled NIE 2.0 but still no good...Any thoughts? Thanks!

Joshua J. Brock
Market Research Analyst
Equitable Gas / Equitable HomeWorks
412.395.3122