Re: [NTLK] [NTLK][OT] macworld 04 pix

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 13:47:17 PST

On 12-jan-04, at 21:11, John Anderson wrote:
> That being said, the upside to being here is that, because the staffing
> for each group is usually the absolute bare minimum required to get the
> job done at all in such a short time period, and because there's a
> pretty
> solid core of products now, a job at Apple is a relatively secure one.

And one of the reasons why the company stays relatively 'healthy' and
thus still churning out great products.
A lot of very large companies, be it MS or Philips or whatever often
grow too large and end up with people working against each other,
because hey, if they turn out something that great, it makes us look
bad...
The simple but awful truth. (I know some people that work or used to
work with Philips, first hand related experiences)

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html